As you begin to look for recipes on pumpkin pies and other holiday desserts for your Thanksgiving table this year, you will notice that Pumpkin Pie Spice is called for a lot. Pumpkin pie spice is readily available at your local supermarket, however, this mixture of warm, aromatic spices is even better homemade. And so simple to create! All it takes is a mix of 5 common baking spices . But wait! There is a secret spice I add to kick it up and give your recipes a WOW factor! Take a look!
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Allspice
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Cloves
- 1/8 Teaspoon aka “Big pinch” of Cardamom
- Mix all of your spices into a bowl.
- Store in an airtight Spice Jar. I save empty spice jars for my future homemade mixtures. For this pumpkin pie mix I used a cinnamon jar since the spice is included in the mix. Tip- Do not use one that previously held garlic or any other strong spices, as that will taint your beautiful, aromatic blend!
Happy baking and have a Happy Thanksgiving!