White wine Sangria is a refreshing cocktail that is welcome all year round! This recipe for Ginger and Blackberry White Wine Sangria is elegant and fun, and would be a couture cocktail for a luncheon or get-together. This blends homemade ginger simple syrup, Cointreau, fresh blackberries, Sparkling lime water, and dry white wine.
Ginger Simple Syrup
The essence of this ginger and blackberry sangria really is this homemade ginger simple syrup. It infuses the drink with smooth ginger flavor and the right amount of sweetness.
Making homemade ginger simple syrup is, well, so simple! And all it takes is about 10 minutes. All you do is reduce down water, sugar, and fresh ginger slices until a sticky and flavorful syrup forms.
Did you know that peeling ginger is most efficiently done with the back of a spoon? Take a look at how to peel ginger using a spoon below.
Once the ginger is peeled slice it thinly.
In a saucepot, combine sugar and water. Bring it to a low boil.
Then add the slices of ginger.
After about 10 minutes your ginger simple syrup will be sticky and ready to be set aside to cool while you turn into a mixologist! Remove your ginger and keep to garnish your Ginger and Blackberry White Wine Sangria.
In a pitcher, add your blackberries. Then pour in your bottle of white wine and Cointreau.
Drizzle in your ginger simple syrup.
The Ginger and Blackberry White Wine Sangria needs to be chilled for at least 2 hours.
Once it is chilled, and right upon serving, add ice and sparkling water.
Ginger and Blackberry White Wine Sangria
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup Cointreau
- 1/4 cup ginger simple syrup
- 3 Tab fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 water
- Bring water and sugar to low boil. Add ginger slices and reduce to syrup for 10 minutes. Remove ginger for garnishing.
- 1 can sparkling water
- Make your ginger simple syrup: Peel and slice ginger. In a saucepot, bring water and sugar to a low boil. Add ginger slices and reduce to a syrup for about 10 minutes. Remove ginger slices for garnish and set simple syrup aside to cool.
- In a large pitcher, add blackberries, bottle of wine, Cointreau, lime juice, and simple syrup. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Upon serving, add ice and sparkling water. Garnish with sweet ginger.
- Make this your own! Swap blackberries for cranberries for a winter wine theme.
- Add sprigs of mint for a sweet Summer garnish.
- Add orange segments for a new flavor twist.
- For another wine related recipe using Red Wine, try Mulled Wine
Interested in What I used?