I have been hearing a lot about Glamping lately. It’s camping, only better! So the urge to “glamp” up a dish got me thinking. How can you take one of my favorite breakfasts, classic French toast, and make it even better? You stuff it with almond butter and bananas! The result is nutty, sweet, and elevated. Almond butter-banana stuffed French toast is what glamping dreams are made of! It’s also my latest pop culture food mashup! Check out the video here, “Man of The Woods” Justin Timberlake Food Mashup VIDEO!
French Toast begins with the bread. And keep I mind, your bread choice is very important! First, you must use day old bread. Second, your day old bread needs to be French, Italian, any good sturdy bread that can hold up to being soaked and flipped. Third, you need to slice I yourself. And you want thick slices. Take your bread and lay it in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
This custard is going to coat, infuse, and emphatically enhance this Almond Butter-Banana French Toast. And here’s how you make it! Start with your eggs, sugar, and spices. Whisk it all up.
Then add a combination of heavy cream and whole milk.
It smells so good right about now that you will be getting hungry and excited! Pour the mixture over your bread.
After two minutes, flip the bread.
Glamping It Up!
In a hot pan or griddle, get a pat of butter melting.
Then add your soaked bread and heat that delicious sizzle!
Wait about 3 minutes then flip.
Once the French Toast is ready, remove the slices to a pan. Open faced, spread almond butter on each slice.
Then layer up banana slices.
And top with another slice of French toast.
They say Elvis’s favorite sandwich was a peanut butter and banana. Imagine what he would have thought of this! Now go make this Almond Butter-Banana stuffed French Toast, and take care of that growling stomach!
Almond Butter-Banana Stuffed French Toast
- 6 – 8 slices of day old, thick bread slices
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Slice your bread and lay in a baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs with sugar, vanilla extract, and spices.
- Add cream and milk and whisk.
- Pour over bread.
- Soak 2 minutes then flip.
- Heat a griddle or a pan medium low heat.
- Melt a pat of butter.
- Set soaked bread and cook about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove to a clean plate. Slather open sides with almond butter and bananas. Sandwich them!
- Drizzle on maple syrup and honey and devour!
- Notes: Tag me in all your Glamping photos where you use a Ritzy Recipe!
- Want to learn all about Glamping? Check out – http://www.glamping.com
Check out these other Ritzy Recipes