Instagram is abuzz and celebrating the latest limited edition crystal ball Frappuccino from Starbucks! This crystal ball Frappuccino is filled with peach flavor and has teal and white swirled together and it’s perfect for my next pop culture food mashup! So I’ve taken inspiration from the flavor and the look, and I created mirror glaze cakes that look like Crystal Balls! My Starbucks Crystal Ball Frappuccino Mirror Glaze Cakes are smooth, peachy, creamy, glossy, and look just like the drink! This blog post goes along with the video demonstration on my YouTube Channel. Find it here, RECIPE DEMONSTRATION VIDEO!
These Starbucks crystal ball frappuccino mirror glaze cakes starts out with a base of a peach flavored cake. I used my Strawberries & Cream Layer Cake, and infused that yellow cake recipe with peach flavor. You can do this one of two ways. You can add 1/4 cup of Peach Jam into the cake. Or, you can swap out the milk for Peach Nectar. I used a silicon dome pan to bake them up. I made them mini sizes, however, you can make this a full cake as well. You can find that same dome pan I used here, BAKER DEPOT 6 Holes Silicone Mold Set of 2
Then I froze the cakes for two hours. Meanwhile, I made a Vanilla buttercream frosting. For this crystal ball mirror cake, you will need to put a light layer of buttercream frosting over the frozen cakes. This will smooth out any imperfections and any holes or bumps. This will give you a flawless finish in the end! Think of this as the primer before the foundation!
After you have put a layer of buttercream frosting on each cake, freeze for another minutes.
Meanwhile, you can go subscribe to my YouTube channel and then get started on your mirror glaze! YOUTUBE VIDEO!
This mirror glaze has only a few steps. First, get your gelatin blooming. Put 2 packets of gelatin in a small bowl. Pour 1/3 cup of cold water over the gelatin and set aside.Second, in a saucepan over medium heat, combine 1 cup sugar, 2/3 cup corn syrup, and 1/3 cup water.Third, when this comes to a boil and all the sugar has dissolved, remove from the heat. Fourth, add in gelatin that has formed into a gelatinous blob. Whisk until smooth!Then, add ½ cup sweetened condensed milk and whisk. Have 12 oz. of finely chopped white chocolate in a bowl.
Then, pour this hot mixture over the white chocolate. Whisk until completely SMOOTH! Getting a smooth, glossy mixture is very important, as you will hear over and over in my video demonstration!! Lastly, you will put a few drops of blue or neon blue food coloring. Very gently, use a fork to swirl. Do not overmix, as you want a marbled effect here.
Then get your cakes from the freezer. Put them on a rack above a parchment paper lined baking sheet to collect all the leftover glaze.
Pour glaze over each of the Starbucks crystal ball frappuccino mirror glaze cakes. Then repeat until all the glaze is finished.
Then these crystal ball mirror cakes be in the freezer to firm up. If you would like to, feel free to add edible glitter or sprinkles to really mimic the look of the Starbucks Crystal Ball Frappuccino. Then see your future and let me know what it is!!
Starbucks Crystal Ball Frappuccino Mirror Glaze Cakes
- Peach infused cakes (either 12 small ones, cupcake sized, or one 8 inch cake pan size). Please note, if you add preserves to this and/or swap out the milk for peach nectar, make sure to remove 1/8 to 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar. Otherwise, this cake would be sickly sweet!
- Vanilla buttercream frosting
- Check individual posts I gave up above for recipes!
- MIRROR GLAZE:
- 2 Packets Gelatin, unflavored
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2/3 cup corn syrup or glucose
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 12 oz. chopped white baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup condensed milk, sweetened
- blue food coloring.
- First, bloom your gelatin. Second, Place gelatin in a small bowl. Third, pour 1/3 cup cold water over it and set aside.
- Meanwhile, In a saucepan, over medium heat, bring water, corn syrup, and sugar to a boil.
- Then Remove this mixture from heat.
- Add gelatin, which has formed, and whisk out all clumps.
- REMEMBER – SMOOTH!!
- Then add sweetened condensed milk. Whisk.
- Then pour hot mixture over your white chocolate.
- Whisk until… Yeah, SMOOTH!
- Then take cakes from freezer. Make sure they are on a rack over parchment paper to catch drippings. Pour mirror glaze over cakes, then repeat until there’s none left.
- Freeze cakes for 20 minutes to let set.
- The above will give you that peaches and cream flavor. The mirror glaze will give you the extra sweet effect as well as that gorgeous look!
- Tag me in those photos when you make these Starbucks Crystal Ball Frappuccino Mirror Glaze Cakes!!
- Be sure to subscribe to my youtube channel so you don’t miss any of the fun!!