These bbq chicken bacon naan flatbreads are cheesy, sweet yet tangy, saucy, and loaded with flavor! They are reminiscent of the bbq chicken pizza I used to eat at California Pizza Kitchen. This recipe differs since it has bacon and uses naan bread as a base.
These little flatbread pizzas are easy and quick to make and are absolutely a touchdown recipe that’s perfect for the big game!
And speaking of the big game, The Super Bowl is in Tampa Bay this year! So I’m even more excited to be sharing this epic game day recipe for you on Great Day Live Tampa on January 25th at 10 am EST. Here’s the link to the video- Great Day Tampa Segment
Bbq chicken Bacon Flatbreads
Grant is a football fanatic and I’m a food fanatic, so you better believe we use any opportunity to feast! This year we aren’t having a Super Bowl party since the pandemic is still raging. But I’m still making a fun spread, including these flatbreads, for Grant and the girls to enjoy with the game. Just a side note, At every sports event, you will find me at the food table!
This recipe was chosen for my game day segment by my Instagram followers through some polls. I’m so glad it won the vote! And I will make one of the other choices on IGTV, so join the fun by following me!
These flatbread pizzas can be made using 4 mini naan flatbreads or with 2 regular sized. I did make my own naan for this recipe, however, they have excellent store-bought options as well. I linked my choice below. And using store bought is much easier. This recipe takes only minutes to assemble and a few more to bake. They’re ready in under 20 minutes from start to finish!
To make this as a “real” pizza, check out the best pizza dough recipe!
Some tips for making the best naan pizzas.
1. Pre-bake the naan on both sides. This ensures the bread will get crispy and still have an airy bite.
2. Feel free to swap out the shredded chicken with pulled pork. I used rotisserie style chicken, but any chicken of your choosing works.
3. Using a mixture of cheeses adds flavor depth and awesome texture. I used mozzarella and smoked Gouda. But you can add in cheddar or any cheese you love.
4. Watch the pizzas near the end of baking so you know when to take them out. You’re baking these at a high temp, so they can go from browned to burned in an instant.
5. If you hate cilantro, which many people do, use green onions instead!
Thanks for making these bbq chicken and bacon flatbreads! Follow me on Instagram for more free recipes and videos.
*This post may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. I may earn a small commission on purchases made from the links. I put that right back into providing free recipes. Thanks for supporting this blog!
BBQ Chicken Bacon Flatbreads
These bbq chicken bacon flatbread as are Crispy, tangy, slightly sweet, and easy! A naan base is loaded up with flavor. These make a great appetizer, lunch, or dinner.
- 2 Naan flatbreads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 C bbq sauce homemade or store-bought
- 3/4 C shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 C shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 C shredded cooked chicken or pulled pork
- 4 Slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/4 Small red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or green onion
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
Put naan directly onto oven grates and cook 2-3 minutes. Flip them with tongs and cook an additional 2-3 minutes. *this creates a crispy crust that has an airy middle.
Then put all naan onto baking sheets. Brush with olive oil.
Toss chicken in 2 tablespoons of the bbq sauce to coat.
Spread remaining bbq sauce onto naan.
Then top with cheese, bacon, chicken, and red onions.
Bake for 8-13 minutes.
Then sprinkle on chopped cilantro or green onions. Serve warm.