These copycat Tagalong Girl Scout Cookies taste so much like the real thing! But since they are freshly made, you may find them to be even better!
These cookies are easy and fairly quick to make. These copycat Tagalong cookies start with a 5 ingredient vanilla shortbread that is topped with a peanut butter filling. Then it’s dunked into melted chocolate. They take minutes to set and then are ready to enjoy!
I hope you love this recipe for Copycat Tagalongs!
Copycat Tagalongs/ Peanut Butter Patties Recipe
*Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies.
1/2 C unsalted butter, softened
1/4 C granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 C Cake flour, spooned and leveled.
1 C creamy PB
6 tablespoons confectioners sugar
12 oz chocolate candy melts plus 1 tablespoons neutral oil, like safflower.
1. Use a stand mixer with paddle attachment to cream butter with sugar for 1 minute.
2. Add vanilla and salt and mix for an additional minute.
3. Then add cake flour. Mix on lowest speed until combined.
4. Put shortbread dough onto parchment and roll out to 1/4 inch thickness.
5. Stamp out circles using a 2 inch biscuit cutter. Place rounds onto parchment chill while you preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
6. Bake 10-12 minutes until very, very lightly golden.
7. Cool. And make the pb filling by mixing PB with powdered sugar. You can pipe onto cool cookies or just spread on with knife.
8. Melt down chocolate wafers and oil for about 90 seconds, or until smooth. *The addition of oil keeps the coating soft and an awesome texture for coating these copycat Tagalongs! Dunk cookies and get excess chocolate by dragging gently along side of bowl. Cool to set. Enjoy!