These are the best dinner rolls! Buttery, soft, with a salted and buttery top. Theses will melt in your mouth and be the only dinner or holiday roll you ever make again!
The first step for the best dinner rolls ever is to proof your yeast. You want liquid that's 105 to 110 degrees, so make sure to use a thermometer to check.
1. To proof the yeast, sprinkle the yeast on the bottom of the bowl of your stand mixer. Then warm your milk and water to the correct temperature before pouring it over the yeast. Add 1 tsp of sugar. Allow it to sit for about five minutes, until active.
2. Meanwhile, melt up your butter and set it aside. In another small bowl, beat your eggs an egg yolks.
3. Then return to your yeast mixture and mix in the sugar, milk powder, and salt before adding the butter and eggs.
4. Next, use the secret weapon to all killer bread, bread flour!
5. Use a wooden spoon to create a shaggy dough.
6.Then use the dough hook of your stand mixer for the kneading. Set the mixer to "8" and let it knead for about 9-10 minutes.
7. Now, butter up a bowl, set a slightly damp towel over it, and set in your dough ball. Let it rise in a draft-free place for 90 minutes.
8. Once the dough has doubled in size Gently punch down the dough to deflate it before putting it into a floured surface.
9. Cut it into 24 rolls. Then take each dinner roll and pinch the bottom down so it's formed into a bun. Put all the rolls into a parchment lined baking sheet. Cover with the towel and allow to rise another 30 minutes.
10. Meanwhile, pre-heat your oven to 350.
11. Once your rolls have risen, brush them with egg wash to get those shiny tops.
12. Bake them for about 18-22 minutes.
13. Once they're out of the oven, brush them with PLENTY of melted butter and sprinkle on flaky sea salt!