These baked pumpkin pie donuts start with a thick crust of sugar and cinnamon that gives way to a fluffy and cake like donut filled with pumpkin pie spice and real pumpkin. And the leftover cinnamon sugar that's left on your fingers to lick off at the end, that's just a snack time well spent!
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Whisk all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, melt butter in microwave, then whisk it together with the oil, egg, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree.
4. Use a spatula to fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
5. Fill a piping bag with the donut dough.
6. Cut the tip of piping bag and fill donut tins. You can also use a large ziploc bag with the corner cut.
7. Bake for approx. 10 minutes.
8. Fill a large ziploc bag with the cinnamon sugar topping mixture.
9. Brush each warm donut wtih the melted butter then shake in the bag to coat.
10. Repeat with each warm donut.