Snickers Poke Cake is reminiscent of the best candy bar ever! Chocolate Cake soaked with caramel, hot fudge, then topped with whipped cream and more sauces and snickers bars.
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch pan.
1. With a hand or stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add eggs and vanilla and cream for another 2 minutes,
3. In a separate bowl, sift together your dry ingredients (cocoa, flour, salt, baking powder).
4. Add half of dry ingredients and mix on "stir" setting to incorporate.
5. Add milk and "stir" to incorporate.
6. Add last of flour mixture and finish folding with spatula.
7. Then pour batter into pan.
8. Bake approx. 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
9. While the cake is warm, use the handle of a long wooden spoon to poke holes all over the cake. I did about 30 holes.
10. Then pour 1/2- 3/4 cup of each sauce on top, spreading it over with the wooden spoon. *Reserve some for drizzling on top.
11. Then allow to cool completely.
12. Once cake is cool, top with freshly whipped cream or cool whip.
13. drizzle over remaining sauces and chopped snickers.
14. Keep cake refrigerated.
To make homemade whipped cream,
Use the whisk attachment of your mixer. On med-high speed whip up the cream with powdered sugar. Increase speed to high when soft peaks form. Beat until stiff peaks form. Keep refrigerated.
In a small saucepan, on med-low, melt:
2 tab butter
2/3 cup semi sweet chocolate
2 tab heavy cream.
Once melted, remove from heat.