Fresh strawberries throughout a soft, fluffy vanilla cupcake that is then topped with a strawberry purée infused cream cheese buttercream. These are the best, most flavorful and strawberry studded cupcakes you'll ever sink your sweet tooth into!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tins.
1. Use stand mixer with paddle attachment. Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. 2 minutes.
2. While that’s mixing purée your strawberries. Set aside.
3. Add eggs, one at a time scrape bowl and beat well for an additional minute.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking powder.
5.In another bowl, whisk wet ingredients: milk, sour cream, vanilla extract.
6. Turn mixer to lowest setting and add half flour mixture.
7. Then add milk mixture and incorporate
8. Then add the rest of dry ingredients.
9. Add strawberries.
10. Divide evenly into cupcake tins.
11. Bake 17-20 minutes
12. Cool completely before frosting.
Meanwhile, rinse and hull 12 ounces of strawberries.
Then put a saucepan on medium heat and add strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice.
Then boil 5 minutes, mashing a couple times with fork or potato masher.
Then strain into a bowl using fine mesh sieve.
Put collected juice back into pan and reduce by half.
Allow to cool and thicken.
Switch to whisk attachment of stand mixer.
Cream butter and cream cheese for 2 minutes. Turn mixer to low speed before gradually adding powder sugar.
Then add strawberry reduction and extract. Whip for 2 minutes until fluffy.
* Add milk if it’s too thick too pipe. Go 1 tablespoon at a time.