Rich banana bread cake swirled with chocolate banana cake for a marble loaf that is stunning, flavorful and for banana chocolate lovers!
Preheat oven to 350. Butter and lightly flour a loaf pan.
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream your butter and sugar until fluffy about 3 minutes.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
4. Add vanilla extract and cream for another 2 minutes.
5. Fold in mashed bananas. (Bananas can be mashed with a fork). Set aside for a moment.
6. In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips. Start with 30 seconds, stir, and then microwave in 15 seconds intervals if needed. Then whisk in cocoa powder until smooth. Set aside and allow to slightly cool while you make the rest of the batter.
7. Then fold in half of flour mixture (or use the lowest setting of your mixer to incorporate it in).
8. Thin the sour cream with the buttermilk. Add it to the banana batter and incorporate.
9. Add the rest of the flour mixture.
10. Then take a cup of the banana batter and mix it gently into the chocolate. This will give you the chocolate banana batter to swirl.
11. To create the swirled loaf, put half of banana batter into loaf pan. Then put in tablespoons, half of the chocolate batter over that. Then repeat with leftover batters, ending with spoonfuls of chocolate dropped over the top.
12. Take a clean knife and swirl it! Just drag that knife around, starting at the end and bringing it in loops throughout.
13. Top with chocolate chips.
14. Bake approx. one hour. Check with a toothpick.
15. Allow to cool for 10 minutes then turn out of pan and put loaf onto a wire rack to cool.